Disconnect a Disconnected Drive in Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnect a Disconnected Drive in Explorer

I'm getting a wierd error on couple of my servers. There is an U: drive showing up in Windows Explorer as Disconnected drive. When I try to disconnect the drive: it shows an error message with a Red X "The network connection could not be found". I also tried to map to it with the same drive letter and it is not showing in the drop down list. I also tried the following @ DOS prompt.

C:\Documents and Settings\samdazz>net use U: \\10.7.1.10\d$
    System error 85 has occurred.

The local device name is already in use.

C:\Documents and Settings\samdazz>net use U: /del
    The network connection could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250.

C:\Documents and Settings\samdazz>net use * /del /yes
    There are no entries in the list.

How I can delete it?
    Thanks

Re: Disconnect a Disconnected Drive in Explorer

Sounds like you've tried everything I would have, but it might be worth a shot to try the following:

net use \\10.7.1.10\d$ /d

I've had similar issues before and this has worked.
    blog.techscrawl.com

Comment

in addition to the reply, its worth doing a 'net use' to see where connections might be...
      could be a c$ or something else thats connecting to 10.7.1.10 that is stopping you connect.
      This is my signature.

Comment

I think I've see this before, sometimes the drive is mapped but not assigned to a drive letter. Doing a "net use" should show you want it mapped. I'm sure I had to do "net use \\10.7.1.10\d$ /d" or something to remove it.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X