Server Version for FSMO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Version for FSMO

I've been asked to transfer the FSMO roles from a 2003 Enterprise DC to a 2003 Standard R2 DC. Does anyone forsee an obvious problem with going from Enterprise to Standard R2? I'm not finding anything obvious on MS other than the process of how-to transfer.

TIA.

Re: Server Version for FSMO

I don't see why this should cause any issues. Might be worth testing it with a couple of VM's but I would be very supprised if it screwed anything up!

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Agreed. Assuming the R2 server is already a DC there shouldn't be a problem. If it isn't you will need to upgrade your schema first.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
        Agreed. Assuming the R2 server is already a DC there shouldn't be a problem. If it isn't you will need to upgrade your schema first.
        ???

No you don't.
        You do not need to upgrade the schema. Upgrading the schema is one time operations. Extending the shema is only needed when new objects will be added. As the domain/forrest is allready W2003 no schema adjustments need to be done.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry, I should have been a bit clearer, I mean when you add the first R2 to the forest you need to update schema. This R2 server may not have been added yet.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/window....mspx?mfr=true
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thank you, all!

Comment

Working...
            X