Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS Authentication Required

Dear all,
    I am using IIS with windows 2000 server. when I tried access the website, i got the user name and password pop up for Authentication. Sometime doesn't pop up. It is concern with Browser ? following picture is my website setting, pls help for that problem, thanks
    Attached Files

Re: IIS Authentication Required

Have you tried to untick the "Integrated Windows Authentication" option?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I just finished trying with untick "Integrated Windows Authentication" option. then I got the another error like that " You are not authorized to view this page " . what should I do anymore ?

thanks

Comment

Check permissions on the website (C:\inetpub\wwwroot) to ensure that the Internet guest account has read access to read the files

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

ok thanks, but I would to know one thing, I didnt put my website files under ( C:\innetpub\wwwroot ).can you pls explain to me what is that wwwroot and you want me to check the permission on wwwroot folder?

thanks

Comment

The wwwroot folder is where the default website sites on your C:\ drive. You need to find out where the files for your website sit on your C:\ drive and check to ensure anonymous users have access to read those files.

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

wow.. I can access my website without Authentication.I've just assigned the permissions. thank you so much.

I can access from my internal network, but can't access from external. I tried the nslookup from external network and I got the reply. so It is working. I think, need to check in my router for web access, cos I use private IP at server and NAT with one public IP in the router. hopefully can solve soon. thank for your help.

Comment

You need to forward port 80 from your firewall to the IP address of your internal web server.

Michael
                Michael Armstrong
                www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

i don't know how secure the IIS from windows 2000 server is today...
                  i am guessing there are allot of things changed (security) in the new versions...
                  so i would think twice if i would expose this box to the internet.

anyway apply all updates that you can to this server and hot fixes that you can get if you plan to allow directly access to it from the internet...
                  MCSE 2000 Done
                  RHCE Done

Comment

If possible put that webserver in the DMZ.
                    What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

thanks for your all coordination and contribution. I put the public IP in the web server . no more NAT with firewall in DMZ.

btw, I would like to study about the cisco access list. I need to know well about the access list cos my office use the different IP address for each department. so I need to open the accessing to the particular IP from a pc. can you all pls share me the material for that ? thanks ..

Comment

Working...
                      X