Deploying Printers via GPO - W2k3 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying Printers via GPO - W2k3 R2

I have been following the MS 2k3 R2 "Print Managment" guide to attempt to deploy printer connections to clients across our domain.

I have confirmed our schema is up to date, have installed Print Management on an R2 server. Created a new GPO in Active directory. Logged on as a domain admin to our R2 Print Server. In print manager deployed Printer to the newly created GPO (sucessful) and cannot see the "Deployed Printers" under the GPO.

Might I be having issues with this because the Domain Controller's I have are a mix of Window 2000 and Windows 2003 R2? i can see the GPO's reside on the Windows 2000 Domain Controller.

Can anyone please assist?

Nick

Re: Deploying Printers via GPO - W2k3 R2

Hi Nick_K

what about using your logon script for printer connections?
    would this be ok for you?
    MCSE 2000 Done
    RHCE Done

Comment

Thanks Yaniv,

I can use scripts now, but when managing many printers I am forever updating multiple scripts. I want to use group policy and centrally manage the printer connections to deploy to users via my GPO's.

Im going to move the FSMO roles of my domain controllers away from the w2k machine to the w2k3 R2 machines.

Still any assistance would be appreciated to get this working.

Nick.

Comment

@ Nick_K

i have never used this printer management interface...

maybe you can use GPO to run specific scripts? should be possible...

so you could define lets say 10 printer scripts and run them on the specific computers?

Yaniv
        MCSE 2000 Done
        RHCE Done

Comment

Working...
        X