Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Obj Editor - User Right Assignment Access issue

Hi there..

i jave just setup a new server with Win Server 2003 with SP 4. after the installation, i was required to harden the server using a patch file provided by the customer.

after the installation/hardening, i'm not able to map a directory on the server via a client PC.

checking the 'Group Policy Obj Editor/Computer Configuration/Window Settings/User Rights Assignment/Access this computer from the network', the button/feature of adding user or group has been disabled, likely due to the hardening..

it's not possible for me not to use the hardening provided by the customer.. as such, i would like to know, if there's anyway i can go round to grant access to users to this server..

looking forward for some replies.. thanks in advance for your help..

regards..

Re: Group Policy Obj Editor - User Right Assignment Access issue

Originally posted by mitre22 View Post
    i jave just setup a new server with Win Server 2003 with SP 4.
    Do you mean Windows 2000 with SP4 or Windows 2003 with SP2? There is no SP4 for Windows 2003

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Could you tell us more about this "patch" as well. The standard install of 2000 (or 2003 depending on your answer to m80arm) works fine so it is likely this causing the issue.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Is this server part of a domain?
        I guess it is, because what i understand the feature "access this computer from the network" is disabled.
        The policy is disabled from a GPO in AD and therefore can not be set locally.
        As the policy is disabled it is not blocking access to the computer from the network.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

hi guys..

thanks for the post..

to respond to the 1st reply, my apology.. the server is running on Win Server 2003 R2 Std Edition with SP2.

to the 2nd email, the patch was provided by the client, which is used to harden the server.. i dont have much info on that as the client refuse to provide details..

to the 3rd reply, does that means i need to go to the domain server to enable the policy? if so, can you kindly provide more details on how to do it?

thanks you guys for ur replies..

regards,
          mitre22

Comment

Assuming domain here but was it an executable or a GPO etc?
            I suggest you look in AD to see what is applied to this server that you don't recognise.
            You can also run gpresult from a cmd prompt to see what is there.
            Anything showing in the event log for this machine too?
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X