HELP! CANT INSTALL WIDOWS 2000 SERVER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! CANT INSTALL WIDOWS 2000 SERVER

I cant install windows 2000 server on my computer!

I have a PC:
    PII, 450 mhz
    256 mb ram
    8 gig hardrive

I have formated the hardrive and when a put the Windows 2000 server CD in and starting to install the setup process begins loading a blue-looking text screen. (great, so far...)

Step 2, You can press F6 if you need to install additional SCSI... (still working).

Step 3, Setup will load all the needed files and drivers. (This does not happen.)

The computer does not load the files and drives. It does not show the text, 'Setup will load all the needed files and drivers'. The screen is just blue with the text 'windows 2000 setup', in the top left corner.

Does anyone know what I shuld do?

Thank you in for any response.

Yours sincerly,
    Sebastian

You say you have an 8gig harddrive... silly question but is it SCSI or is it IDE?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I have a IDE harddrive!

But I have tried to install windows XP and the same thing happens!

Before I formated the harddisk in order to install 2000 server, window98 was installed and working fine?!?

Yours sincerly,
      Sebastian

Comment

Another silly question... are you prssing f6 when it says about SCSI drivers.... if so dont. Other wise try another PC to see if it is the CD that is to fault or try another copy?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You could also try to see if there are any upgrades to your BIOS on the manufacturer's website, and also make sure all your hardware is compatible with the HCL, or if not, remove any unnecessary devices and keep only the minimal ones (such ad Display adapter, memory, HD and CPU).
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X