Microsoft CRM 4 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft CRM 4 problem

I am trying to install MS CRM 4 Professional on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server - this is the second server on the network and is not the DC.

When I try to install CRM and I specify the security account is Network Service I get "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit:OU=,DC=,DC=" server input user error.

If I specify the security account as the domain admin user I get the same error as above and the following error too "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account".

All other system requirements are fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I am pulling my hair out on this one!

Many thanks,

Marcus

Re: Microsoft CRM 4 problem

Ok, I've solved the problem by creating another user with admin rights, logged on as this user and installed CRM using Network Service as the security account and it installed fine.

Can't explain why it didn't work before when logged on as admin.

Comment

Domain Admins do have denys (Exchange for Send As for example) maybe it was something like that?

Thanks for posting the resolution though.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by mgp View Post
        Ok, I've solved the problem by creating another user with admin rights, logged on as this user and installed CRM using Network Service as the security account and it installed fine.

Can't explain why it didn't work before when logged on as admin.
        I am facing the same problem.
        I got this error message before the installation of CRM 4.0:

"Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account".

Here's my scenario:

I joined the Server to the domain
        I logged in using the domain admin "Administrator" account
        Installed everything and followed every step.

But I got this message.

Now, will creating another domain admin account, like: "CRMADMIN", and logging in to the server using it, will this solve the problem? What do you mean by: "Network Service as the security account"?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X