No announcement yet.

Publish multiple webservers

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish multiple webservers

I would like to publish two web servers on my network using host headers on a third server that is accessible from the internet. Is this something that's possible when not using ISA Server. If it is I need detailed instructions because I've tried and tried and could not accomplish it. Or if possible can I run ISA server with out the firewall component. I'm in a test environment where I have only three machines available.

Machine #1: Domain Controller, DNS Server & internet accessible for remote management. (single 750 w/ 512 mb ram) (If I were to install ISA this is where it would go as a Unihomed network config.)

Machine #2: Exchange Server 2003 (dual p3 733 w/ 1 gig ram)

Machine #3: Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 (dual p3 550 w/ 512 mb ram)

If you use Machine #1 as my Domain Controller and ISA machine then the clients may not be able to authenticate if the firewall component is turned on. Is there any way around this?

Yes, it can be done with host headers. The only real limitation is that you can only use SSL on the default server. I'm at work right now so I don't have the time to give you a more detailed response. I'll try and provide instructions later tonight if your query goes unanswered.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Thanks ahinson