How to find out Services running under Administrator account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out Services running under Administrator account

I want to change password for Administrator account and than rename and disable Administrator Account.
    I am sure there are many services running under administrator account, what is the best tools I can use to find out detail info on what Program/ Server/ PC is using admin account for running services?

Re: How to find out Services running under Administrator account

Dameware Utilities.

Comment

Damwere Utilities is very powerful tools, it does lot of things. Does it give reports on what services is running under admin account and on what server or PC?

Do I have other option other than Damwere Utilities?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by bhavin78 View Post
        I want to change password for Administrator account and than rename and disable Administrator Account.
        I am sure there are many services running under administrator account, what is the best tools I can use to find out detail info on what Program/ Server/ PC is using admin account for running services?
        You could run a VBS file very similar to this one

Code:
        'This script was written by Wulie Buntin to determine the running services on whichever PC/Server
        'that is required
        '
        'Written Wullie Buntin 17/12/07

Option Explicit

'Declare the required variables
        'Dim strComputer : strComputer = InputBox("Please enter the required computer name")
        Dim objWMIService, objFSO, objFile, objShell, objItem, colItems
        Dim arrData, strDataIn, iCounter

'Read file into a variable
        strDataIn = fsoOpen(".\serverlist.txt")
        'Split into an Array
        arrData = Split(strDataIn,vbCrLf)

For iCounter = 0 to Ubound(arrData)
        	arrData(iCounter) = Trim(arrData(iCounter)) ' clean "white space"
        	'Loop through the services and collect the Service Name and the Start Name
        	Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & arrData(iCounter) & "\root\CIMV2") 
        	Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Service",,48)
        	'Create the text file that will hold the service information required
        	Set objFSO = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        	Set objFile = objFSO.CreateTextFile(".\Results\" & UCase(arrData(iCounter)) & ".txt", True)
        	'Write a title
        	objFile.WriteLine "---------------------------------------------------------"
        	objFile.WriteLine UCase(arrData(iCounter)) & " Running Services and logon accounts"
        	objFile.WriteLine "---------------------------------------------------------" 
        	objFile.WriteLine
        	'Get the services from the specified machine in arrData(iCounter) 
        	For Each objItem in colItems
        		objFile.WriteLine objItem.DisplayName & "|" & objItem.Name & "|" & objItem.StartName
        	Next
        Next

Set objWMIService = Nothing
        Set colItems = Nothing
        Set objFSO = Nothing
        Set objShell = Nothing

MsgBox "The script has finished running. Please check the txt files that have been created."

WScript.Quit

'********************************************************************************
        '* Function fsoOpen(FilePath)
        '********************************************************************************

Function fsoOpen(FilePath)
         Dim FSO
         Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

fsoOpen = FSO.OpenTextFile(FilePath,1).ReadAll

End Function
        Please include a txt file called serverlist.txt with all of your servers/computers that need checked.

Rems if you can find an easier way to do it then by all means butcher the script i have provided.

Comment

Originally posted by bhavin78 View Post
          Damwere Utilities is very powerful tools, it does lot of things. Does it give reports on what services is running under admin account and on what server or PC?

Do I have other option other than Damwere Utilities?

Thanks for your help!
          Yes, it does tell you what services are running on which computers and under which user accounts. It does much more than this as well. I have always found it to be a great utility program. There are many other programs like this but I have only used DameWare.

Comment

Working...
          X