Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy to multiple windows 2003 servers at the same time

Dear Pals

I am new to the forum and looking forward to be a contributor and gainer.
    My request is:

I need to copy a 90 MB folder to 200 different Servers. All are windows 2003.

I dont know much about different utilities to achieve the purpose.
    I am planning to use ROBOCOPY utilty.

Script which i wrote

@ECHO OFF

nbtstat -R

ROBOCOPY \\Source Location \\destination1 /E /Z /COPYALL /IPG:30 /R:3 /W:60 /LOG+:"C:\admin\robocopy.log"

ROBOCOPY \\Source Location \\destination2 /E /Z /COPYALL /IPG:30 /R:3 /W:60 /LOG+:"C:\admin\robocopy.log"

ROBOCOPY \\Source Location \\destination3 /E /Z /COPYALL /IPG:30 /R:3 /W:60 /LOG+:"C:\admin\robocopy.log"

exit

Source location is path where the files are and destination location where i need to copy to. I will be doing 20 copy at a time that means i will be creating 10 such scripts.I can run it after hours and by the next day, it will copy to 10 location and next day i can start teh same. I am hoping to complete this 200 copy with in 10 days. I need to copy as early as possible. It would be great if all the copies to 20 location with in one script happens at the same time. Currently it is copying one by one which is consuming much of our time. Also it is 90 MB file so it will take ages to copy across 200 servers. I need to complete this job asap.

My question is: Is there any way i can run 20 installation at the same time. Any command or any logic that can make this happen/ Any piece of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Veday

Re: Copy to multiple windows 2003 servers at the same time

This sounds like another post we had a few weeks/months ago. Have a search of the forums and see what the result of that thread was.
    Last edited by biggles77; 4th April 2008, 23:02. Reason: Fix typo
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Copy multiple files across WAN simultaneously.

The topic was dfferent.. it is multiple file across wan...

I am looking for single file folder to multiple destination at the same time..

Please suggest me some way.. thanls

Comment

Use DFS Replication?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is this a one off copy or is it going to be happening on a regular basis?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yeah...probably they will ask me to keep updating the folder. update will be once in 2 months. thanks

Comment

Working...
            X