Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting multiple computers from Active Directory

Hi,

I have a full list of machines... (500+) to be deleted from the windows 2000 active directory.
    I used a program that calculates the days when the machine last got it's password key from the domain. and the oldest machine is 1979 days that it last got the password key.

Now, I need something that can read a file, and delete the machines listed....
    anyone know of any? since it will be hard and slow to do it manually on the ad itself.

been searching all over the place, but cant seem to find any...

thanks

Re: Deleting multiple computers from Active Directory

Why not use Oldcmp by Joe Richardson (Directory Services MVP):

http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/oldcmp/index.htm

Not only lists all computer accounts that have not updated their passwords in x amount of days, but also deletes them for you

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

why thank you so much

thats the most awesome tool ever.
      379 records deleted.. I have done it from 365 days to be on a safe side...

thank you

Comment

Hi,

I am also accept that "Old Comp" is a very good tool, i like the option of disable the computers, if required we can enable the computer account
        Regards,
        Venkatesan S

Comment

Glad to help.

Joe has loads of useful tools so check them all out, and his blogs pretty entertaining as well.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X