Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting user passwords from 2K3 domain

Hello all,

I've got a domain with around 250 users, and what I would like to do is create a list of these user's passwords (i.e. student password lists for the teachers). I have used LC4 in the past however I'm wondering if there is an easier way of getting a list short of going to all the students and staff members and requesting passwords. I would also like to be able to tell what they have without having to reset the password to something new when they forget.

Re: Getting user passwords from 2K3 domain

I'm not sure how to help you but this is quite an odd request. Why bother when users can change the passwords after? What really is the need to know their passwords?
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Agreed. With your methodology, there's no need to even HAVE passwords. Just change all passwords to 1234, same solution.

Obviously this is incredibly unsafe to do, but then again, so is having a printout of everyone's passwords.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Teachers often need student passwords since they forget (ever have a six year old try and remember his password?). Students are unable to change their passwords, they have to request a change from the admin.

I don't remember all the passwords for 250+ students, and unless I keep records (painstaking) I'm out of luck and just have to reset constantly. I'm just looking for an easy way to generate a list and keep it handy for staff members.

Comment

Working...
        X