Server 2003 SP2 RDP clients can't connect - only administrators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 SP2 RDP clients can't connect - only administrators

I recently added licenses to this server after adding terminal services licensing in add/remove programs.
    I have added users to the builtin Remote Desktop User group but for the life of me, I can't get anyone to connect remotely unless I add them to the administrator group.
    This is a DC and I am looking in Active Directory Users and Computers.
    It comes back saying you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right.

I just figured it out. Here's the answer in case anyone else has this problem.
    Group Policy Editor
    Console Root, Default Domain Controller Policy, Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignment:
    Allow Logon Through Terminal Services - I had to add Administrators and Remote Desktop Users.
    Last edited by ondeck; 22nd March 2008, 10:14. Reason: Solved problem

Re: Server 2003 SP2 RDP clients can't connect - only administrators

You wouldn't normally want users using a Domain Controller as a Terminal Server. You should invest in another server to achieve that goal.
    Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Re: Server 2003 SP2 RDP clients can't connect - only administrators

If i was you, i'd setup another server on a virtual machine to be yoru TS.

Comment

Working...
      X