Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to replicate active directory from PDC to DC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to replicate active directory from PDC to DC?

Hi,

I am using two Windows 2003 Server, one as PDC and the other as DC. I noticed that there is active directory in the DC also, but when I opened the active directory, it prompted "Naming information cannot be located because: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted". I thought the active directory will be replicated from PDC to DC automatically, but it seemed not. Any ideas to replicate the active directory to domain controller?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    TKT

Probably DNS issues. Configure your DNS properly.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I think there is a little confusion here. In Win2k3 there is no PDC (not in NT4 terms anyway). There is PDC emulation for legacy systems. Are you sure that both the computers are domain controllers?

On your Windows 2003 DC (or as you call it PDC), goto Adminstrative Tools - Active Directory Sites and Services

In there goto sites, default first site name, servers. Are both your servers in there?

When you have established this then we can move on in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

this may help

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;824449

Comment

Re: How to replicate active directory from PDC to DC?

Yeah It seems its a DNS Issue. Please check your DC DNS Records. Worth renaming NETLOG.DNS file to NETLOGON.old an stop/start Netlogon Service. Please do post Event Logs of the DC.

Comment

Re: How to replicate active directory from PDC to DC?

hello
            have you run repadmin /showreps >file.txt

any errors...?

cheers

Comment

Working...
            X