WSUS, some computers not showing up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUS, some computers not showing up

I just added WSUS to a domain of about 700 servers, and it shows 299 in WSUS. On one particular server, I even removed the wsus ID and had it regenerate a new one. It still wont show up. Any tips?

Re: WSUS, some computers not showing up

Are the WSUS GPO's applied to all servers so they know which server to contact?

Have you gave it enough time for all the servers to contact teh WSUS server (I think the default option was every 12hrs but I like to give them 24)?

Do you ghost any of your servers? i.e. do they all have different SIDS?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I had this problem-
      resolved by running this script against domain comuters-- all show up

Feel free to "google" this-- I cannot claim that I wrote this-- It does work!!

net stop wuauserv
      REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
      REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
      REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
      net start wuauserv
      wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

You would think MS would have had WSUS use LDAP/AD- that would have been too easy.

Comment

Thanks dude! I found the same thing last night on google, and that seemed to do the trick I think. I tried it on a box, and its showing up this morning. I just did it on two more, so we will see. If that turns out to be the trick, i will have to deploy it to a lot of them.

Originally posted by jmasat View Post
        I had this problem-
        resolved by running this script against domain comuters-- all show up

Feel free to "google" this-- I cannot claim that I wrote this-- It does work!!

net stop wuauserv
        REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
        REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
        REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Wi ndowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
        net start wuauserv
        wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow

You would think MS would have had WSUS use LDAP/AD- that would have been too easy.

Comment

Working...
        X