Can't see OUs in Windows 2000 Server AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see OUs in Windows 2000 Server AD

Is there a reason why as a domain admin and logging in with my account(first initial+last name) I can access AD and make changes but there are some OU's I can't even see I know they're there because when I do a search for a 'computer' for instance, it shows up and I right click and click 'Objects' it shows the path to where the computer is located. Now my boss logs in with a different account he uses and BAM!!! there they are. He's able to see the OUs I can't. I checked my group membership and I'm enterprise and domain admin. Don't know where else to check. Any help is great.
    knowledge is power

Re: Can't see OUs in Windows 2000 Server AD

Have you tried clicking on "View" and then "Advanced Features"? This will show you a few extra containers but I dont think any object should have been stored in them.

Can your boss check the permissions on these "invisible" OU's for you to see if someone has removed th Domain Admins group for view access and replaced it with another security group that your boss is a member of.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Can't see OUs in Windows 2000 Server AD

thanks for the reply I will check that and post back with results
      knowledge is power

Comment

Working...
      X