Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controling DNS records to verious scopes

Hi

I have to scopes (subnets) controled by one DHCP server, one of them is for wired connectios and the other one is for wireless connections.

I want that for the wireless scope the clients won't register a record in the DNS, only for the wired one, i've changed on the DHCP scope the DNS setting and on the phisycal network card, but it doesn't work all the time.

* how can i implement that request ? (only for one scope DNS records & reverse records)
    * how can i configure the server to automaticly delete DNS records (A & Reverse PTR) of clients that have allready registred in the DNS with the wireless address.
    * i saw that not allways the record that is not updated won't delete itself from the DNS (A & reverse) so a single client can have several records (A & reverse) - how can i resolve that ?

Thank you for all your help & ideas.

Re: Controling DNS records to verious scopes

Windows 2000 pc's and later will automatically register themselves when entering the network. You can prohibit this by using a policy (GPO). So the best way to esteblish this, is by creating a site for your wireless network and apply that policy to that site. If clients would than be connected through a wire, the site policy would not be applied and client do register there DBS records.

Do delete old and stale objects in DNS you should implement scavaging. Scavaging will purge automatically registered dns settings. Manual created records will not be purged.
    Last edited by Killerbe; 10th March 2008, 13:29. Reason: typo (again)
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment