Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted Messages Backup Exec 10d

Hello,

Probably beating a dead horse here, but I am having trouble with backup exec finding "corrupt" email messages. Currently I have something like 185 I just cleaned them out early last month. We are planning major upgrades next weekend and I don't want to be waiting around for my tape to complete until 4:00pm Saturday to get started, the exchange mailbox backup is taking 10 hours to complete due to all the corrupt emails.

- We communicate a lot over seas, is it possible that Veritas cannot understand Chineese charactors in emails and considers them corrupt?

- Is there a way to mass delete or un-select the messages from the selection list?

- Is it worth upgrading to Backup Exec 11 or 12 are the newer versions more flexable with "corrupt" emails?

Thanks in advance

Re: Corrupted Messages Backup Exec 10d

My experience is that message is flagged as corrupt by backup exec if you have 'unprintables' in subject line.
    Leave 'reputation' when deserved :

Comment

We occasionally experience the same thing performing incremental mailbox backups. You might consider upgrading to version 11d as it allows you to back up the information store as a whole and use GRT to restore individual items from the mailboxes. This would allow you to back up email without doing mailbox backups.

Comment

That backup 11 sounds pretty good, the information store doesn't take very long to backup compared to the individual mailbox's.

In the mean time nobody knows any tricks to remove the "corrupted" emails from the selection list without manually going and un-checking evey single one.

Comment

Sorry, don't know any easy way to do that. Have you considered deleting the offending items in the mailbox?

Comment

I think that would also take forever, there are something like 185 bad messages over probably 20-30 different mailbox's so the backup exec selection list is a one stop shopping area to see all of the messages across all of the mailbox's, don't know of anyplace else where I can list everything out like that.

Comment

Hi,

might this help...

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/b...essage.id=5619

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261457.htm

Rgds

Comment

Working...
              X