Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K3 SP2 ; slow copy from share to XP

all;
    We note very slow copy frm our Windows 2003 SP2 server to XP SP2. Same files copied back to the same share copy in fraction of the time.
    Any suggestions?
    S

Re: W2K3 SP2 ; slow copy from share to XP

Demodog,

The server may have an issue with read requests on the disk when you try to retrieve the file. If you think the network as something to do with it the I suggest download and run wireshark (www.wireshark.org) so you can see a the network level what is going on when transferring from the server. Something to look for in the trace are the delta times between packets (i.e looking how long it takes for the server to respond to the request to retrieve a file).

Ryan

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have a Win 2k3 R2 Sp2 and when I do a file transfer or even open a file from that server it takes a long time.

Now for some reason, when i transfer from that server to another server it transfers at full speed.

Comment

A new feature that SP2 and R2 enable is something called "TCP Offloading" or more specifically "TCP Chimney Offloading". Try to disable it. Use the following command: Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
        X