No announcement yet.

W2K Replication Link Help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K Replication Link Help

Running W2K Adv Server and Exchange 2000 Std
    PDC and Exchange were on the same server, this server crashed. I promoted BDC to PDC, there were errors since the BDC could not find the PDC, but I got it working. Promoted a member server to BDC and reinstalled Exchange on a third member server.
    Everything is working correctly on all three servers PDC, BDC and Exchange and I have no replication errors or problems between the domain controllers. But I get the following error message on both Domain Controllers in the Event Viewer under Directory Service.

Source:NTDS KCC
    Category: Knowledge Consistency
    Event ID: 1265
    The attempt to establish a replication link with parameters

Source DSA DN: CN=NTDS
    Settings,CN=Exchange,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomainname,DC= com
    Source DSA Address:
    Inter-site Transport (if any):

failed with the following status:

The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS lookup failure.

The record data is the status code. This operation will be retried.

I suspect I need to remove the server from the Configuration Container via ADSI Edit, but I'm just not sure since this server is my Exchange server.

Re: W2K Replication Link Help

KCC normally refers to links in the site's and services MMC snap in. Check that to ensure there is a link between your two DC's first.

Any other events in Eventvwr?

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: W2K Replication Link Help

You promoted the BDC to a PDC? BDC's don't exist in Windows 2000.

Is there an NT4 server somewhere in there then? Could do with you listing what servers you have and their roles on the network.
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.