Trust security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust security

I've setup a trust between a w2k and w2k3 domain. I only want to give users on the trusted domain access to our mailserver. How can I prevent access to anything else. Is there a way to hide the contents of our AD when the domain admin of the trusted domain would connect to our domain?

Re: Trust security

Users of trusted domain do not get the rights unless rights given explicitly.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Thanks kapilsharma11,

Does that mean that I can also prevent the domain admin on our trusted domain not to have access to any of our AD structure?
      There is probably no way to prevent him from even looking at the structure, is there?

Comment

You can restrict your domain admin from having access in trusted domain. By-default he can veiw the AD structure but can not change it in trusted domain........

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Thanks again,

By-default he can veiw the AD structure but can not change it in trusted domain........
          I realise that by default another domain admin can't change anything unless we give him rights to do so. Our AD structure is setup using customer names for OU's. What if we don't want the domain admin from the trusted domain to see these names? I think I might be chasing the impossible here...

Comment

Working...
          X