X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIND 8.2.2 DNS Migration to Win 2k3 + DHCP Enable for static client

Dear All Fellow member Petri Forum,

I just would like to ask quick question regarding Infrastructure question,

1. How do I put in effect of my newly deployed DHCP server 2003 if all of my existing client PC still using static ? is there any way to make it configurable by DHCP server other than manually setup that computer ?

2. Has anyone know the procedure of UNIX BIND 8.2.2 migration to Windows Server 2003 server ? do I have to turn off the BIND service and then recreate the DNS entry in Win2k3 and then turn it on after it has been configured as proper DNS server ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    ________
    vaporizers
    Last edited by Albertwt; 21st January 2011, 11:10.

Re: BIND 8.2.2 DNS Migration to Win 2k3 + DHCP Enable for static client

Hi Albertwt,

On point 1: (Ref: Techrepulic.com)

The built in command "netsh" works on 2000 and XP, and it runs from the command line. When I troubleshoot or set up some computers, I usually do 50 or 100 systems. By using NETSH from the command line and combining that with the wonderful program called PSEXEC from SYSTERNALS.com, I was able to change all of the users in the network to DHCP and add a different subnet mask in a mere few minutes.

Click Start-Run-cmd then enter
    type "netsh interface ip show config" without quotes.
    You will see a nice display of your network settings.
    Here is the bat file I used to update a workstations settings with a new subnet mask of 255.255.0.0

@echo off

FOR /F "TOKENS=2* DELIMS=:" %%A IN ('NETSH INTERFACE IP SHOW CONFIG ^| FIND "SubnetMask"') DO FOR %%B IN (%%A) DO SET SUBNETMASK=%%B
    if SUBNETMASk=="255.255.0.0" then goto skip

FOR /F "TOKENS=2* DELIMS=:" %%A IN ('NETSH INTERFACE IP SHOW CONFIG ^| FIND "IP Address"') DO FOR %%B IN (%%A) DO SET IPADDR=%%B

SET SUBNETMASK=255.255.0.0

FOR /F "TOKENS=2* DELIMS=:" %%A IN ('NETSH INTERFACE IP SHOW CONFIG ^| FIND "Default Gateway"') DO FOR %%B IN (%%A) DO SET DEFGATEWAY=%%B

netsh interface ip show config

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static %IPADDR% %SUBNETMASK% %DEFGATEWAY% 1
    goto end

:SKIP

:END

Save this bat on the network, use PSEXEC and execute it across all of your pcs to make global changes.

Not sure on point 2 but I hope point 1 is useful to you.
    ::: Remember to give credit if you have found this useful. :::
    ::: Wild Oak Tech :::

Comment

Re: BIND 8.2.2 DNS Migration to Win 2k3 + DHCP Enable for static client

thanks Guyver,

I'll give it a try then.

I'll customise your script then.

Cheers,

AWT
      ________
      Yamaha XT225
      Last edited by Albertwt; 21st January 2011, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
      X