Require Smartcard login, but ONLY when on TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Require Smartcard login, but ONLY when on TS

Hi Guys, i've got a question, i'm interested in testing with smartcard logon stuff, but i can't seem to find online if what i want to do is possible
    Lets say i have a test domain with 1 domain controller and 1 terminal server . Internal users can logon just with their username and password. But people from the outside who want to logon to the terminal server have to use their smart-card ...

I did find methods to implement smart-card usage in a domain, but then that includes the internal workers and i don't want that.

Is there a way to only let remote users who try to logon require a smart-card ?

(i did find this in Server 2008 , in the TS Gateway app, but i'm looking for a way to do this in Server 2003) (if it's possible )

Thx in advance for any suggestions...

Re: Require Smartcard login, but ONLY when on TS

You could try this

http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/pr...ntentID=163990

Comment

Ok, but i'm correct when i say Server 2003 does not support this natively ? So i can "looking"

Ok thx for the Citrix suggestion. Is there anything else like this ? cause the citrix app is a whole (expensive) suite of which we would only use the authentication :/

i'm probably wanting too much

Comment

How about a finger print scanner that gives you access??

just throwing thoughts here.

As far as W2003 i do not think it is possible. But do not take my word on it.

Comment

Working...
        X