Action Pack Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Action Pack Project

Just becaome an MCP and would like to further my skills. I have the Microsoft Action Pack and would like to install all of it on a separate 500GB drive on an XP desktop. My questions are as follows:

- How can I install Server 2003 so that it runs simultaneously with XP?
    - How can I configure so that outsiders can connect to only one portion of the drive that contains software such as SharePoint, Communications Server, etc. I want to run a secure webserver as well. Not the world... just those with accounts

- How can I obtain maximum security since I am connected to the internet through a DSL connection. I have a small business firewall by Symantec but want to know if good security can be established through software. VPN should be a good option but I seek the advice of those more experienced.

Much thanks for guidance from informed parties.

Re: Action Pack Project

Use Virtual PC to run multiple guest OSes on one Host OS. You will need a fair amount of RAM
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Action Pack Project

Originally posted by MPhillip
      I have the Microsoft Action Pack and would like to install all of it on a separate 500GB drive on an XP desktop.
      Perhaps you would like to refine what you want to install from the Action Pack. There is a LOT of software in it. Plan what you want to learn and not try it all at once.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X