X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Error when pinging ISP's Gateway [was:hardware error]

Hi.. all

i've problem , with my network
    i've server with 2003 , ip 192.168.0.5 , now the server can't access to internet , when i try to ping
    my ISP gateway 202.xxx.xxx.xxx or DNS 202.xxx.xxx.xxx it's showing

" Hardware error."

but the server can ping the router 192.168.0.1 ,

the router it's d-link dl-704P , but clients with win xp and vista can pinging router ,my ISP dns , gateway and access internet without any error

what's the problem ?

thanks

Re: hardware error

Given you can ping the router, everything within your network is probably OK (you could check by pinging 127.0.0.1, local machine IP, other internal IPs)

Can you ping other sites (by name and by IP)? If so, its your ISP's problem

Remember much of the internet is not under your control!

Oh, think about a better title for your thread please -- I looked at it assuming it was a failed Hard Drive
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Hardware Error when pinging ISP's Gateway [was:hardware error]

Odd reply there.

Surly if all other PC's are fine then its NOT his ISP? As this is only happening on one machine it suggests there is an issue with your server.

Hardware Error are really only seen then the computer is suggesting there is a... well hardware error. I think you can replicate this if you perform a ping then remove the Ethernet cable from the computer.

I would do as suggested though and ping 127.0.0.1 just to make sure loopback is at least working. Change the Ethernet cable. If it is still happening verify all IP settings are correct then as a last resort restart the server. I know a restart is a crap advice but it is the #1 problem solver
      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

i've already ping to 127.0.0.1 , change cable , and restart

i'm forgot there's 2 NIC , i just used 1 NIC but same problem when i try ping to DNS or Gateway , but same message "hardware error."

Comment

Networking sounds very broken on the server. If you configure the spare card on the server and use that instead of the other do you get the same result?
          Maybe try a 'Repair' on the connection?
          Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

hi all , i release the IP from command prompt and disable the NIC2 from device manager , and it work now , i think the problem from NIC2

NIC1 and NIC2 it's on same motherboard , and i should buy new NIC

Thanks ALL

Comment

Working...
            X