No announcement yet.

2003 server can't browse network

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 server can't browse network

I have a bit of a problem.

I have a domain aa.local with a number of 2003 servers and XP clients.

It's using a 2003 SBS as global catalog etc..

I have one 2003 server (aadellserver) that can't browse the network. It can see it in Network Neibourhood, but Clicking on it come up with the box: -

__________________________________________________ ________________
    AA is not accessable You might not have permission to use this network resourse, contact the Admin......etc
    No more conection can be made to this computer at this time, because there is as many as this computer can accept.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

This started after putting a Veritas demo on the server and puting on the last service pack. (now removed)

To other services seem to be messed up in some way
    DNS and Kerberos

I'm getting this error in the DC error logs

The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/aadellserver.aa.local. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (AA.LOCAL), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.

I have tried some of the netdom commands, verifying seems to work ok, but forcing a new secure connection doesn't work, i probalby have the syntax wrong

I'm out of ideas, except to keep going with the Kerberos.

Re: 2003 server can't browse network

It seems that there is the problem with SPNs. Just have a look at the below link:

Kapil Sharma
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Re: 2003 server can't browse network

Thanks Kapil,
      That looks like that might be it.