2000 to 2003 upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 to 2003 upgrade

I have upgraded windows 2000 server to 2003 server on 3 servers in ‎our domain (with SQL 2000 and no exchange).‎
    Before upgrade I run the system check on all domain controller and it ‎advised to run adprep /forestprep and adprep /domainprep on first ‎server (main domain controller), and also run the stop iis Utiliy.
    Every thing workout fine. I even install SPK2 and went on upgrading ‎the other 2 servers (no need to run adpreps on these two).‎
    After making sure every thing running ok, I went administrative tools ‎to my surprise there was no active directory for user or computers tab ‎was listed on administrative tools. I can get to active directory by ‎command (dsa.msc /domain). On manage server it shows all servers ‎are domain controller(active directory), printer, file , application ‎and DNS servers. What is worng?‎

Re: 2000 to 2003 upgrade

Is Active directory users and computer is availabe on 1st server?

Did u ran dcpromo on other Servers. You have to install Active directory on other servers too.

Comment

Thanks for reply
      Is Active directory users and computer is availabe on 1st server?
      ** yes it availabe trhu command. (dsa.msc)

Did u ran dcpromo on other Servers. You have to install Active directory on other servers too.

** if i run the dcpromo it say this server is the GC and it wants to demote the server and take the AD out. Aapplication are fine users can log in fine. I have install AD on other servers too. but server1 is GC. and other servers have the AD and I can get to the thru command.

Comment

Run DCDIAG against all your domain controllers (just to make sure).
        Any problems should be pointed out, by the result.
        If all tests passed, it is propably just a problem with the msc (Microsoft Saved Console).

If that is ok, just add the dsa.msc to your MMC (Microsoft Management Console) console.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for leply
          run the dcdiag everything passed. It is just puzzling. oh well. thanks for all the help
          have good day

Comment

Working...
          X