Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to redirect public address to private address in LAN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to redirect public address to private address in LAN?

Hi,

I am using Windows 2003 server with two NICs, one for internet and one for intranet. I have a web-based system which is intended to be accessed by users through the internet. What is the way to redirect the public IP--from ISP, to the web-based system in the intranet for remote users to access?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    TKT

Bind IIS to the IP address of the NIC used for the internet.

If you have a router forward port 80 to your internal IP. Also if you have a software firewall open the ports there too.

-----

This assumes that your running IIS on the machine in question. If IIS is not on this machine, and is buried within your LAN, you should use something like ISA.

Want to do it without ISA?

Install RRAS, enable packet forwarding (aka Packet Routing) and direct traffic to an internal IP address which has IIS installed (not the best solution).
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,

The IIS server is in the Windows 2003 server. The internet connection is through Dlink router modem. The public IP is 202.189.0.9 and the private IP for the web-based system is 192.168.0.98. After opening the port, can I access the web-based system through internet by just opening 202.189.0.9 as url address to enter the system?

Thanks.

Best regards,
      TKT

Comment

Originally posted by tkt
        After opening the port, can I access the web-based system through internet by just opening 202.189.0.9 as url address to enter the system?
        Yes, you should be able to view the page by putting http://202.189.0.9 into your browser.

You might want to set the virtual web server to (All Unassigned) instead of binding it to one IP.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X