Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Error

Hi

I have a DC with a Proxy in front, i canīt connect too the internet with IE on 1 attemt, but a refresh does it.(Have to wait 20-25 sek)

The error is on ALL 150 clients, but not on the DC og Proxy

I have this error but donīt know how too resolve it:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system failed to register host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
    with settings:

Adapter Name : {02C23FBC-7048-4752-89FA-2ADAD732F5D4}
    Host Name : SERVICE
    Primary Domain Suffix : bbc.local
    DNS server list :
    Sent update to server : 192.1.1.1
    IP Address(es) :

The reason the system could not register these RRs was because the DNS server failed the update request. The most likely cause of this is that the authoritative DNS server required to process this update request has a lock in place on the zone, probably because a zone transfer is in progress.

You can manually retry DNS registration of the network adapter and its settings by typing "ipconfig /registerdns" at the command prompt. If problems still persist, contact your DNS server or network systems administrator.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried typing "ipconfig /registerdns" at the command prompt, but it doesīnt help ?

There are tons of articles on the internet, but no solutions ?

PLZ help me
    Last edited by ahinson; 9th February 2008, 05:36.

Re: DNS Error

What are your DNS zone seetings.........?

I mean to ask is it primary/secondary ad-integrated or what..........?

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Originally posted by kapilsharma11 View Post
      What are your DNS zone seetings.........?

I mean to ask is it primary/secondary ad-integrated or what..........?

Regards,
      Yes integrated in Ad and the settings are OK.

Comment

If you look at your error you'll see that the DNS server is 192.168.1.2 but the updates are going to 192.168.1.1. You need to look into that. A failure of the client to register with the DNS server will not cause DNS resolution to fail AFAIK. Try running nslookup on a client machine and post the results here. I would tend to think it is a problem with the proxy not with DNS.

Comment

I got it

One of the Local ADMINS have changed the Proxy Config in Default Domain Policies, så it didn't have any IP for FTP, it was blank in IP and Port.

It's working 100 % now.

TX for the work guys

Comment

Working...
          X