Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Shadow Copy

Hi,

I am just after a quick way to setup the Shadow Copy Service under Windows 2003 Server, but I need the copy to go to another AD server on the same domain.

Is this possible, or will it only work using volumes on the 'source' server ??. The problem I have is disk space on the 'source server' and the requirement for further redundancy from the client.

This is in addition to running Backup Exec currently

Thanks

Re: Windows 2003 Shadow Copy

Shadow Copies of files are created in the background by the operating system on the server - there is no way to configure where those copies are located. If you enable shadow copies you have to have the room on the volume where the original files are located.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

That is what i thought, but I just needed to run it past somebody

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
        Shadow Copies of files are created in the background by the operating system on the server - there is no way to configure where those copies are located. If you enable shadow copies you have to have the room on the volume where the original files are located.
        Shadow Copies and be stored onto another volume, if you have a volume that is a SAN it can also go outside of that physical server. You choose which volume through the GUI before you enable Shadow Copies.

Our file server takes shadow copies of D: and stores them on E:, which is a seperate RAID.

Comment

Working...
        X