Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find out a machine name from Logon ID

Hi,
    Every time an entry is made int o the security event log, a "Logon ID" is written into the entry. This entry is unique to a user session from a particular computer (PC or server).

What I have in my event log is certain operations carried out by a generic account. I want to track it down to the PC from which a person would have logged on with this generic account. As this is a generic account, the only possibility of pinning this down is through the logon ID.

I know that when this account would have logged on there would be an event which would have this logon id and the PC name and that I should look out for this event.

Unfortunately the event logs are over-written and we cannot retrieve the same.

I'm looking for a way to translate this logon ID into a PC name. I have the following example from my event log.

Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x29C1EA44)

Is there a tool to change the hex value to a PC name (if at all the hex value contains the PC name).

Thanks in advance.

murtaza

hi

hi...

the hex itself doesn't contain the Computer name allthough it does comply it into an algorithm. what the algorithm is... only a microsoft programmer can answer that question...
    Yaniv Feldman
    Microsoft Security Regional Director
    Microsoft Management Expert
    MCSA, MCSE, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X