Update Passwords of Standalone Server Users from DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Passwords of Standalone Server Users from DC

I have a situation that I have a Windows 2003 Domain Controller and a standalone Windows 2003 server that is NOT part of the domain. I can not add this server to the domain per our vendor.

I've got like three user accounts on this stand alone server that also have accounts in AD. When passwords are updated in the AD, I have to manually update passwords on this standalone server. Is there a way to keep these passwords in sync without adding the standalone server to the domain?

Thanks,
    MePH
    "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Re: Update Passwords of Standalone Server Users from DC

AFAIK it's not possible to do this without logging in into the domain.
    Maybe is good that it isn't possible due to security reasons.

However, is 3 accounts such an effort to change? Sounds to me for 5 minutes of work.
    Oh for my curiosity, why aren't you allowed to join the server to the domain?
    Last edited by Dumber; 31st January 2008, 23:51.
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Re: Update Passwords of Standalone Server Users from DC

I didn't think it would be ... and 3 accounts isn't that bad was just looking into it. They don't want us joining it to the domain, because technically it's their server and not ours. Atleast thats the goofy story I get.

Thanks again for the help!
      "All technology should be assumed guilty until proven innocent." ~David Ross Brower

CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, A+

Comment

Working...
      X