user access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user access

I've got windows 2003 server EE. and winxp clients.

all user having roaming profile, and home folder mapped in there profile.

my question is: one of user(say...XYZ) is able to access all the data on server by opening my server path from start-->run \\192.168.1.50

but i've given very restricted permissions on individual home and profile folders.

i've checked user XYZ is not added to any such group so he can get access to unwanted folders.

I've E: drive shared, permissions are users =read, admin=full.

On E: drive i've shares like driveA = permissions are like user_groupA = read, admin=full ONLY (not added any other sec. group) in driveA each users have there own home folder and on that only respective user(modify) and admin(full) permission.

driveB = permissions are like user_groupB=read,admin=full ONLY in driveB each users have there own home folder and on that only respective user(modify) and admin(full) permission.

and i'm sure i've not granted this user or any user group permissions to top folder so that it'll get inherited..just believe me. please help me to resolve this

thanks in advance...

Re: user access

Create a new OU and place the user and his workstation in there and make sure the OU does not inherit any policies from the root.

Then see what happens.

One thing I dont understand is that even as an admin, if I click start-->run \\<servername>, I will only see the shared resources (like scheduled tasks and printers) of the server, nothing else.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Comment

Working...
    X