Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• block web sites

Hi ,

My one of the client is having sbs 2000 and one client is having w2k3 server , now from sbs 2000 i can block web site as per the requirement but now from w2k3 server how can i complete the task ...and one more thing from ISA 2000 can i block downloading from users ..only surfing is allowed .. and same in from normal w2k3 server ...please help ...

peter.

Re: block web sites

Hi ,

Can anyone elaborate more on this ...and in ISA Server setup is it possible to restrict the usage of users up to 10 MB or 15 MB , i mean if someone in a group exceed the 15 MB limit he will not be able to surf anymore ...please help.....

Peter

Comment

Is ISA installed on the network with the Win2K3 Server?
      What is your primary goal? To stop downloads or to limit downloads to a certain amount?
      Is the Win2K3 server the R2 version?
      Do the users save to their client machine or to their home folder on the server?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

please post a drawing of you're setup.
        Marcel
        Technical Consultant
        Netherlands
        http://www.phetios.com
        http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
        "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
        "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi ,

Actually i am having 2 clients ...one of the clients are having SBS 2000 , ISA 2000 implemented on it and i have block some of the web sites as per their requirement but now in this scenario i need to implement block downloading ( some of the users are start downloading the e books and other programs as they are allowed to surf ) and limit total surfing usage ( e.g The day limit of usage is 15 MB or 10 MB , if users reach at this limit they will not be able to surf more than this )

One client is windows 2003 Server R2 Edition , they are having 50 systems and ADS is implemented , now i need to block some of sites and also with some users i need to allow them to surf only 2 sites ( e.g abc.com and xyz.com ) and also block the usage as 15 MB ..so how can i implement this ........

please help ....

Peter....

Comment

Hi ,

Please help me in this ,,,,

Peter

Comment

Get ISA server for the second of your customers?
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi ,

That is a option , but is there other solution for this ...

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                X