NT4 in a Windows 2003 Interim not Synchronizing Automatically

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NT4 in a Windows 2003 Interim not Synchronizing Automatically

I have an NT4 server in a Windows 2003 Interim domain and it is not synchronizing automatically. I can synchronize manually using the Server Manager tool in NT and a NETLOGON event 5715 is generated successfully, also if I restart the NT4 server it is refreshed.

Any ideas how to make the NT4 synch autmatically?

Thanks

Re: NT4 in a Windows 2003 Interim not Synchronizing Automatically

Is it a PDC or a BDC? Does a Windows 2003 Server hold the PDC Emulator role? Where is it getting its name resolution from? Is there direct connectivity (i.e. no firewalls, routers etc) between the NT4 box and the Windows Server 2003 Domain? Does the NT4 box exhibit normal behaviour? Can you manage it from a domain account logged on to a 2003 server? Have you run "REPLMON" on a 2003 box to gather any replication error messages?

As you can see there are a number of unanswered questions here - I might be able to continue dreaming up questions which are relevant for a good hour or more. However a little more info from you might lead our questioning in a particular direction...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Re: NT4 in a Windows 2003 Interim not Synchronizing Automatically

Thanks for the prompt response:

The NT4 server is a BDC and a Windows 2003 server owns the PDC Emulator Role. These servers have been replicating fine for about (3 years) until we restarted the Windows 2003 DC with PDC Emulator role (we had a planned outage)
      The NT4 server has no errors etc and I can manually synchronise on the 2003 DC (PDC Emulator) server and a 5715 event is generated successfully with x number of changes.

the NT4 server does not show in replmon but when I run nltest from a workstation i get this:

C:\Documents and Settings\angelac>nltest /bdc_query:domain
      Server : \\NT4
      SyncState : IN_SYNC
      ConnectionState : Status = 0 0x0 NERR_Success
      The command completed successfully

Comment

Re: NT4 in a Windows 2003 Interim Partial Synchronization not automatic

A full synchronization can be triggered by running nltest /sync /server:NT4 from the WINDOWS 2003 PDC, thi generate an event 5713. But I am not seeing the 5711 (partial syncronizations) happening when I add a new user etc.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X