Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting logon !!

hi
    my requiremnt is like this :- my organisation has a server with domain as star.org on our internel network (LAN). Now i have to configure three groups - red , blue and control !! The red group should not be able to access the blue and vice versa, but the control group should have access to both red and blue groups !! i need similar setup for mailing between the groups !! can anyone suggest how to go about this please !! we have windows server 2003 and exchange server 2003 !!
    thanks
    shanky

Re: Restricting logon !!

Slightly confused as to what you are trying to do:

If it is controlling access to shared folders / printers etc, it is easy:

Set up 3 security groups:
    Red
    Blue
    Control

Add appropriate users to each

Add Control group to both Red and Blue groups

For a folder that should only be used by RED, remove the "Everyone" or "Authenticated Users" permission and replace with Red Group (Control will pick up permission automatically)

Do the same with BLUE folders

If you want something else, please explain more clearly.

For mailing, I think you are saying that RED should only email to RED users, BLUE to BLUE and CONTROL to everybody. Is this correct? Will need to think about how you do that in Exchange.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

will try that and get back to you !! About the mailing part -- yes thats exactly what i want to do !! also i dont want the users of the other groups to appear in the address list as well !! any idea how that can be done ?

Comment

I think you should ask the email part of your question in the Exchange 2003 forum. Please word it carefully and make it clear what you are trying to do. I'm sure that Daniel, Sembee or one of the other gurus will have a easy solution.

Please include the Service Pack you have for Exchange and if it is the Standard or Enterprise version.

Any flak about double posting to me, please!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X