RDP - Remote Desktop Admin access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP - Remote Desktop Admin access

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I searched and didn't find THIS specific topic.

I use Administrator by default on the server and when I use RDP I use the same username/password combination.

It works just fine, but it says, creating user settings and the desktop is the same, but program that I know are running are not displaying. I show the same documents etc. and it is using the same account. I figure it has another profile for administrator.remote , that I don't see.

My question is, is it possible to log in to the same account and see what is going on currently? If so how?
    I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
    Chris Robertson
    The Computer Doctor

Re: RDP - Remote Desktop Admin access

When you log on to the console of the server and then log on using RDP it is actually 2 different sessions. Log on using RDP by running "mstsc /console". This will connect you to the console session where you will see your programs running.

Comment

I tried that from the command promt (on my PC) and it did bring up the RDP screen, but when logging in using the same exact username and password, it still went into a seperate session. I watched it through my logmein and flipped to the RDP screen, which also said, "loading personal settings"

Did I do something incorrectly?
      I already know I'm not that bright. Please be constructive. Only give your 2cents if it helps. Don't be condesending or demeaning. It doesn't make you look smart. You just look like an arse.
      Chris Robertson
      The Computer Doctor

Comment

Confirmed: If you run:

mstsc /console /v:<ServerName>

....from the command prompt then you will get the console screen.
        |
        +-- JDMils
        |
        +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
        |

Comment

Working...
        X