No announcement yet.

Server Reebot

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Reebot

Hi All,

Windows 2003 SP1 is rebooting intermediately and when I check the event id 6008 at the same time in application I can found following events.

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: EventSystem
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 4625
    Date: 23.1.2008
    Time: 20:48:44
    User: N/A
    Computer: ASAS002
    The EventSystem sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\EventSystem\EventLog.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Please help.... Thanks in Advance....

Best Regards

Re: Server Reebot

Please help with what? The event you list means that there have been a lot of ANOTHER event, and it's stopping that event logging for (x) seconds.

More info needed about what your problem is and what you need help with.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

You should check the following sites if you require a little info regarding this event:

Would it be possible for you send the event log file in .evt format or as txt file?
        -what new softwares were installed in the system?
        -does the system reboot while using any particular software?

is there a way to generate DMP file on Win2k3 Sp1, I am login onto the server using mstsc, I can not access server physically,

i wanted to know is the any way to generate dmp file using terminal session.

attached is the app & sys events of one week.

Thanks & Regards
          Attached Files

Check MOM (Microsoft Operation Management). You're getting a lot of error from it in your Application log and there may be something there to help narrow down the problem.

Thanks for the reply.....

Unfortunetly I am unable to find any root cause of shutdown from MOM, This server is not creating any dunp file as its windows 2003, even after modifying the registry i am unable to generate.

Is there a way to generate the memmory dump I heard about adplus.vbs which can help to do the same but need guidance before moving ahead.

Best regards