• Show
Clear All

• Delgation of rights on primary domain

Kindly refer to the following senerio:

1) abc.com is the primary domain
    2) There's another 2 DC created under this domain
    one.abc.com
    two.abc.com
    3) I tried creating a user account and delegate rights for the user to create AD account under abc.com
    4) When user try to create a new account in both one.abc.com & two.abc.com, they do not have rights to do so.

Base on the above-mentioned, I thought that as long as a user have access to the primary domain, the access rights will propergate down to the secondary domain. Or I still need to manually delegate the rights to each secondary domain?

Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Re: Delgation of rights on primary domain

Hi,

Bit confusion here regarding Domain and DC.

I think abc.com is the root domain and rest two are child domains. If this is the case then you need to configure delegation seperatly for all the three domains as child domains do not inherit the security settings from parent domain.

If there is a single domain architechture and these two are ADCs then just wait for replication and if it does not get replicated then fix the replication issue first.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Originally posted by kapilsharma11 View Post
      Hi,

If this is the case then you need to configure delegation seperatly for all the three domains as child domains do not inherit the security settings from parent domain.
      please can you describe what you mean by security settings
      thanks

Comment

"Base on the above-mentioned, I thought that as long as a user have access to the primary domain, the access rights will propergate down to the secondary domain. Or I still need to manually delegate the rights to each secondary domain?"

No it does not.
        If you want a user to be able to manage accounts in all 3 domains. You have to make that user members of the account operator group in all 3 domains.

Is it adviced to use a groups to supply permissions.
        [Powershell]
        Start-DayDream
        Set-Location Malibu Beach
        Get-Drink
        Lay-Back
        Start-Sleep
        Wake-Up!
        Resume-Service
        Write-Warning
        [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, that's correct......You can always use Security Groups to delegate the permissions.

Regards,
          Kapil Sharma
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
          X