Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forwarding my Domain name to my web server [was:just A Quick Question]

I have just got a domain and i have builded a web server using windows 2003

now i have ask my register to forward my domain to my ip address but there asking for my nameserver.

my question is

what is my nameserver ?

in zone edit.com they tell you to tell the register to forword your dns to there name server whyich is lets say ns.7zonedit.com

so how can i do this ? cause all i have is an ip address or would you recken to use zoneedit.com for my web site.

any ideas would be great or even some help please

Re: just A Quick Question

Hi,

I do not think that they need to know your NS.........Even they must tell you the Public Name Server's IP where you need to f/w the DNS requests.

So It's better to ask them what exactly they are looking for.......? and Why........?

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Re: Forwarding my Domain name to my web server [was:just A Quick Question]

Seanshonagh,

Please read the forum rules and next time use a better topic for your title:

3) Give your post a good topic (or subject line), reflecting the question's intentions

Bad examples:
      For example, if you use a topic like
      Quote:
      PLEASE HELP, I NEED HELP N O W !!!
      or a stupid subject line like
      Quote:
      Windows 2000 help
      I will personally kick you out of here. So is using idioting topic titles such as
      Quote:
      Hi!
      or
      Quote:
      I hate Microsoft
      I don't care about your love relations with Bill, I do care for my forums. Other people need to know what the thread is about, and using stupid titles like these won't help.
      Bad subject lines usually tell us it's a poorly written question. We don't like that.

Good example:
      On the contrary, using a topic like this one
      Quote:
      Help in recovering local admin pwd on WinXP SP2 floppyless laptop
      Will actually bring people in, the ones that know the answer, and also those who do not, but would like to find what the answer is.
      http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=25

We will let this one slide.

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Forwarding my Domain name to my web server [was:just A Quick Question]

You are right to query this because you only need to ask the organisation that is responsible for your public name server records to setup the www.yourdomain.com. "A" record to point to your own public IP address. It is that simple.

Then you need to forward the 2 web ports (80 and 443) on your router to the internal local IP address of the web server, but you probably know that part already
        Best wishes,
        PaulH.
        MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

Working...
        X