No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 CD 2 issue [was:Cd 2]

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 CD 2 issue [was:Cd 2]

I am currently in the process of upgrading my Exchange 2000 box to 2007. I just installed CD1 of Windows 2003 OS which went okay. Due to the holiday I was unable to obtain CD2 from my boss. I upgraded the 2003 machine with SP2 and the Windows updates now that I try to install cd2 it states the OS is different which I expected. My question is what problems do you see if I continue with just CD1 installed? Should I just start over? Thanks in advance.

Re: Cd 2

Need to be more descriptive because Windows 2003 comes in single CD. R u trying to install Windows 2003 R2.......?

Kapil Sharma
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

The helpful title fairy strikes again....

Server 2003 is normally one CD, but the R2 version has a second CD with additional tools. Is this what you are trying to install? If so, you can continue without the additional R2 functionality.

Are both sets from the same version (e.g. standard as opposed to enterprise)?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Its likely that the service pack install is the cause of your problem but if you dont need the additional functionality of R2 then you'll be fine as you are.

Thanks all, I was installing R2. I was just concern since this box will be running Exchange 2007. The problem came about because the CD had Windows 2003 R2 x64 with SP1 and I updated to SP2 and then tried to install CD2 after my boss came back.

Thanks again hopefully my Exhange rollout has no problems

Re: Windows 2003 CD 2 issue [was:Cd 2]

Please read the forum rules:

3) Give your post a good topic (or subject line), reflecting the question's intentions

Bad examples:
            For example, if you use a topic like
            PLEASE HELP, I NEED HELP N O W !!!
            or a stupid subject line like
            Windows 2000 help
            I will personally kick you out of here. So is using idioting topic titles such as
            I hate Microsoft
            I don't care about your love relations with Bill, I do care for my forums. Other people need to know what the thread is about, and using stupid titles like these won't help.
            Bad subject lines usually tell us it's a poorly written question. We don't like that.

Failure to comply will result in being banned!

Michael Armstrong
            MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

No problem, I saw that after I hit submit. It will not happen again.

Hope you have installed the 64bit version of Windows 2003 R2 Server.
                Departed: 23rd December 2015