X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user account to which computer account

hi every body

generally in any AD we have alot of users and computer account

how can i know that userX logon to machineY?
    or
    how can i know that MachineY are dedicated to userX

this is why ?
    because some time users call me for Issue and i need to know which computer they logon to.

can any one help me....

Re: user account to which computer account

Find a utility whcih displays the computer name/ IP Address on the desktop. That way when someone calls you, you ask them to read that info to you.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I believe that bginfo can do this.

Comment

What i usually do is right click "My Computer" and select manage then open up the shared folders tree and double click on sessions. there i can see usernames matched to either netbios names or ip addresses, then there is always pstools with psloggedon or the nbtstat command from a dos prompt

hope this is what your after

J0K3R
        Last edited by J0K3R; 18th December 2007, 05:13.
        Life's a breeze, so spread your wings and fly baby

Comment

What I use is a logon and logoff script that allows me to see what computer someone is/has been logged onto and also centralizes any logon/logoff tracking.

Logon Script:

echo logon, %computername%, %username%, %date%, %time% >> \\servername\shareddrive\%username%.log

Logoff Script:

echo logoff, %computername%, %username%, %date%, %time% >> \\servername\shareddrive\%username%.log

Then, if someone calls, I can just go to that directory on the network, browse to that user's name, and see what computer they are logged into.
          Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Marc, how big do those log files get?
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have only been running it for a little over a week and the biggest is 2k. And that one is because they log on and off multiple times a day (work from home) I would imagine if I were worried about the size getting too big, I could just move them and they would recreate themselves.
              Last edited by tnshurtm; 18th December 2007, 17:49.
              Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Hi,

It depends on the number of logins as for each login attempt it will create an entry. Although it's just a simple text entry so it's not big but subjected to the numbers of users it may significantly increase.

Regards,
                Kapil Sharma
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Working...
                X