Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows server 2003 share doesn't work

Hello,

I have a Windows server 2003 as a terminal server, the domeinserver is a windows SBS.

When I share a map on the domeinserver, I can access this share from a client or the terminal server.
    But when I share a map on the terminal server, I can't access this share from anywhere. It asks for a username and password, I have tried every username and password.

Can someone help me with this quit strange problem.

Thanx

Re: Windows server 2003 share doesn't work

Is TS part of your domain?

What error we get finally?

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

The TS is a member of the domain.
      There is no error message, it just keep asking for the username and password.

Comment

Hi,

Once try with the user name in below format:

User:[email protected]
        Pass:XXXXX

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Yes I have tried that.
          When I go to start -- run and I type in the following \\10.10.1.2\ and I press enter,
          I get the following error :
          \\10.10.1.2 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
          Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon at this computer.

Both servers are loged in as Domain Administrator. On the TS : In de local Domaingroup is the Domain Admins. In the local users is the Domain users.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.

A suspect that one policy is in place there. Just check for that.

I have attached a screen shot. Go to run command on your TS and run "RSOP.MSC" and make sure the user is permitted.

If this user or any belonging group is not there in the policy or it's not defined then you need to configre the GPO correctly.

Regards,
            Kapil Sharma
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think Kapil is on right track. You should check your policies also.
              Do onething,
              Open Help by pressing F1 on desktop,
              Click Support,
              Click Advance System information,
              on the right side pane click "view group policy settings applied".

It will show the applied group policies of the domain. Both User and Machine policies will be there.

May be some policy conflict issue.

Revert back.
              From,
              Amit
              [/EMAIL]

Comment

Ooops,

Last time I forgot to attache the snap-shot. I will do it on Monaday as I have that ready in my office.

Regards,
                Kapil Sharma
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

on the AD user account properties under the terminal services profile tab is the checkbox to "Allow logon to terminal server" checked
                  Life's a breeze, so spread your wings and fly baby

Comment

Yes this option is checked. I have no problem with terminal service. I can log in the TS with remote desktop.

Attached you'll find the policies of the TS.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I realize this is really basic, but it has to be asked. What are the permissions for the share on the TS box? Domain users? Everyone?
                      Thank you,

Marc

Comment

I have tried every permission already.
                        I have tried with domain admins full permission, with everyone full permission.
                        and also both togheter.

Comment

Have you checked in the local security policy? (Start>>Admin Tools..)

Check who has 'Access this computer from the network' rights.
                          Thank you,

Marc

Comment

Hi,

when you are prompted for username/password try giving the username as

Username: [email protected]
                            Password: "username's" password

Group policy can also cause this problem, but since you have checked that, but better go look over it again with GPMC, great tool for analysis also.

Have you applied any Security templates, if yes Review your settings in Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment, make sure the Access and Deny computer over network are not conflictiong, The defaults never conflict, but you never know, some one could change these.

"Share permissions", thats one thing, but what are your NTFS permissions (Security Tab) - What users are granted access there?

Is this problem existing from day 1 of commisioning the TS server or is it happened recently...

Also the clients from where you are accessing share on the TS server, are they members of the domain as well.

If your issue is still not resolved please submit a complete network layout and how your GPOs are set.

Good Luck.
                            Last edited by anil.colaco; 21st December 2007, 17:03.

Comment

On the security tab, select Advanced and once there select "Effective Permissions" Choose one of your TS users or a group and see if they actually have the permissions you want.
                              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                              http://www.wintra.co.il/
                              sigpic
                              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X