Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted SBS2K

Hi,

My SBS2K is giving me problem. Some of the System32 files are corrupted, example the CMD.EXE it keep on corrupting, after the server rebooted, the size of CMD.exe will shrink to 20kb, normally i copy from other SBS2k machine and paste it but soon after reboot it will be corrupted again.

Some of the services could not start, like RPC32 locator, intel pds, intel file transfer, intel alert handler.

No virus is detected after scanning, and SFC also didnt show any missing files.
    Event viewer didnt mention any critical error that caused the files to be missing, however this server now could not replicate because of the network problem.

I still can browse internet only LAN i'm unable.

This SBS2k is on dynamic disc, configured as Raid-1, is there any way to reinstall windows on dynamic disc?

Nope, sorry, as far as I know you cannot do that. You'll probably need to backup what data you can save, revert to basic, then re-install. As far as I can say for myself, the moment I see that a server has that many problems is the moment I usualy decide that I've had enough.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X