Delegation (AD/exchange)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegation (AD/exchange)

What's the best way I can configure delegation?

I tried wizard and also tried manually and it's getting more complicated.

What I am trying to do is allow group to create users, edit group membership(not create new group), manager services on server and restart server, join computer to domain and permission to create mailbox and allow to edit exchange attributes (mailbox size, mailbox rights etc).

I want to make sure that I dont give any extra permission to user.

Re: Delegation (AD/exchange)

Remember delegation is "cumulative" so if you can get the effect you want by running the wizard multiple times, it will work
    In general, not using one of the wizards, will be very complex.

Since it is possible to customise the "delegwiz.ini" file you may find you can get "add ons" to allow different delegations

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Delegation (AD/exchange)

what permission are required to create mailbox and allow to edit exchange attributes (mailbox size, mailbox rights etc)?

If I want to give a group of user permission to create computer object, user object and group object do I need to run the wizard three times?

where can I get more information on what permission does what while I runt that wizard?

Comment

Working...
      X