Problem in Force Logoff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in Force Logoff

I have defined logon hours to be denied from 3 - 4 am for all Users.

Under Default Domain Policy and Domain Controller Security Policy I have enabled Force Logoff when logon hours expire.

Most users leave their computer on overnight, but with the Force Logoff enabled, the users do not get logged off when their hours expire.

I have read around and have seen that the force logoff does not actually force logoff as the name suggests.

Help me that is there any thirs party software which may enforce logoff when time expires

Thanks in advance for any help.

I use a screensaver called WINEXIT.SCR that will force logoff to the users whenever it's turned on (for example after 10 minutes of idle time).

http://support.microsoft.com/default...99&sd=tech
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Sir i dont want users to logoff on idle timeout.
      I want to forcely logoff users whose allowed time period has been expired.
      For exampls if allowed time is 11:00Am to 12:00 Am then at 12:00 Am user should be forcely logoff autmatically.
      Pls Help.

Comment

Re: Problem in Force Logoff

I understand this is a very old thread. Its up there in google.

For being an MCSE you should know the answer, no reason to be so curt.

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - Security Options - "Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire"

Comment

Originally posted by Axel View Post

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - Security Options - "Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire"
          Nobody WAS "curt". As a new, first time poster to this forum you should familiarise yourself with the Rules. You should also note that it is considered bad form here to dig up old threads - Imran probably isn't even here any more. Everyone has to start somewhere and noone knows EVERYTHING. Now, chill out and try helping out some CURRENT users maybe?

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Axel View Post

This thread is over 2 years old, what is YOUR problem. Any more of this any you account will have a broken axel.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hi imran_mcse

i have the same issue and know other people with the same.
              i came to an exclution that this is a bug.

u cant force user to log off after the time u set.
              he will be rejected from some services,
              but still see his desktop.

and, yes, you get errors in the security log about this.

zavik

Comment

Working...
              X