Which service is using a particular account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which service is using a particular account

I recently took over a network and something is using the administrator account as a "service" account. I can of course change the password but I don't want anything relying on that account breaking yet. Prefer finding out which service is using this account. Are there any ways (tools) to do this, or at least point me to a machine using this account?

Thanks.

Re: Which service is using a particular account

Check out the following SPN (Service Principal Name) documentation:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro....mspx?mfr=true

You will have to download the .exe from somewhere. You could also look into scripting it to search all servers.

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You could use psservice.exe from Microsoft, orginally Sysinternals to output the service security descriptor, using the following command:

Code:
      psservice security
      This will list the account granted log on as for the service as well as other information such as display name, service name and security. The command may also be used agaisnt remote computers using the command:

Code:
      psservice \\server1 security
      You can download psservice from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...PsService.mspx
      MCSA 2000/2003

Comment

Hi,

psloggedon.exe is also a usefull utility to check that on waht all the systems any purticular ID is logged in.

This utility is also part of the same PSTOOLs that have been suggested in previous post by "themanwhowouldbeking".

Regards,
        Kapil Sharma
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Originally posted by themanwhowouldbeking View Post
          You could use psservice.exe from Microsoft, orginally Sysinternals to output the service security descriptor, using the following command:
          Had a quick look at this and I think I can get a long way with this solution. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X