How do I VPN into my home network [was: Vpn]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I VPN into my home network [was: Vpn]

I have a windows 2003 server at home and I have a ATT DSL line. I do not have a dedicated static ip and I would like to VPN into my system occasionally and would like to do updates and get data off of the server. I have a Linksys Router at home as my gateway and wireless connection.

Re: Vpn

Thanks for the info! Next time, please ask a question
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How do I VPN into my home network [was: Vpn]

how do I setup then?

Comment

Is "then" the name of the software package you are using?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Quite easily.

Now what software do you have or intend on using for this??

Comment

I have no software I just what like some help on setting up a VPN even though I have static ip

Comment

Originally posted by masterofallchief View Post
              I have no software I just what like some help on setting up a VPN even though I have static ip
              So do you have a static IP or not?? Your first post indicates that you do NOT have one but this post seems to indicate that you do.

Have a look through this as it will help you.

http://www.chicagotech.net/vpnsetup.htm

Comment

Everyone breath and count to 10.

masterofallchief, would you like to start again and this time a proper post with ALL the necessary information about your gear, setting and what you want to do. You have been here long enough and will have read the threads to know what information is required to get help with your problem. Thank you.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Ok here I go again, I have a Windows 2003 Server at home. I have a Linksys Router. I would like to VPN into my server, from any where. I do not know how to do this, I have a ATT as my ISP so I do not have a static ip please help

Comment

Since you don't have a static IP, you need to sign up for a dynamic DNS service (I personally use www.dtdns.net myself, but google, will find you plenty of providers). You will need to run an automatic update client on your server at home. Then, you would just access your home server via hostname, for example: rixxx.dtdns.net

to configure the VPN on the home server, click on start -> control panel -> network connections -> new connection wizard.

Setyup an advanced connection -> Accept incoming connections -> allow virtual private connections

then select which user will be granted access to the VPN. Hit next, finish.

Then go to www.portforward.com, lookup your router model #, and follow the instructions to forward the port for VPN: TCP 1723

and that's pretty much it.

Comment

and TCP port 47.
                      Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Originally posted by masterofallchief View Post
                        Ok here I go again, I have a Windows 2003 Server at home. I have a Linksys Router. I would like to VPN into my server, from any where. I do not know how to do this, I have a ATT as my ISP so I do not have a static ip please help
                        Since you seem unwilling to provide ALL the necessary information about your gear etc that was asked for in my post, this is about all I am able to do to help. http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...th+a+vpn&meta=
                        1 1 was a racehorse.
                        2 2 was 1 2.
                        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The link i provided would pretty much get him/her setup in a matter of an hour or 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X