Installing new Digital Certificate in IIS v6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new Digital Certificate in IIS v6

Bit of a problem, hope somebody can help out.
    We have been using a "self certified" digital certificate for a few months now and are now looking to buy a "proper" certificate, probably from Globalsign.

In order to create a proper CSR file, the option "Create a new certificate" should be selected in the Web Server Certificate Wizard, my problem is that we already have a certificatre for that domain name, and if i delete it (in order to create a new one) our VPN portal breaks!

The time it takes for the CA to send us a new certificate and then install it, means that our VPN would be down for an unacceptable amount of time.

The renew option that you get in the same wizard does not produce an acceptable CSR and Globalsign's online form dosent accept it. Im sure the self certified cert must be deleted first.

I heard someone mention something about creating a dummy website in IIS where all the work for the certificate can be done from then just imported into the live site?

Anybody got any experience with this problem?

Re: Installing new Digital Certificate in IIS v6

I have faced this and I followed the below article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295281

And it worked like a charm.

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Great, that looks like what i need, i'll give it a go.
      Thanks very much.

Comment

Not really a reply to your issue but I thought I would point this place out to you as I too recently (Monday) moved from a self signed certificate to fix a problem when syncing my mobile phone to my exchange server.

http://www.namecheap.com/learn/other...rtificates.asp

Less than $20 for a years certificate was a bargain I thought.
        Please remember to leave positive reputation points (The Ying Yang Icon) if someone helps you.

Comment

Working...
        X