No announcement yet.

can't telnet local host port 25

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't telnet local host port 25

have server 2000 with exchange 2000; installing a mail filter "imss trend micro" as of now i can recive mail and send mail fine inhouse and out to the internet. Built my trend server,installed imss, changed router to push mail to imss. everything is ok except imss will not relay mail to my exchange server. trend said to telnet the exchange server from the console to ck communication. i get no response at all. portqry shows smtp 25 listening, netstat -a -n shows tcp for local for foreign listening. help i don't understand how mail works fine but i can't communicate. no virus scanners installed,

Re: can't telnet local host port 25

Have a look at this.

thanks for the reply but the problem lies in exchange. after looking for two weeks i found it. posting here was to get some fresh ideas. kudeos to m80arm in a related post i seen HE mentioned exchange "smtp virtural server" duuu mail relays. the former admin had it locked down to 1 ip address. insane i've locked it down to a domain or a range of address but never to just 1. hence mail works great in and out but when you put a relay filter in the mix that ip was not there so therfor port 25 is listing just not for anything except that 1 ip. would have never thought just goes to show you don't assume anything.

Last edited by skypiloit; 29th November 2007, 17:23.

Originally posted by skypiloit View Post

I know it's not very big but it's definately there!

Michael Armstrong
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

oops; never really read the names just lookin at the pics